Russell County USD 407 is accepting applications for the vacancies listed below. To obtain an application, please click the link under the desired header below. The Licensed Application is available online only. The Classified Application may be accessed online or requested by calling 785-483-2173.  These positions are open to all qualified applicants. If you are interested, please submit a completed application to: Russell County USD 407 | Central Administration Office | Attn: Charissa Wolfe | 400 N. Elm St. | Russell, KS 67665 by U.S. Mail or electronically to jcline@usd407.org.

Click the job title to review a complete job description specific to each position. All job descriptions are available here.


Applicants must hold or be eligible for Kansas licensure.  To complete the application process for licensed positions, applicants are asked to submit an official up-to-date college transcript and letters of recommendation. The applicant should feel free to submit any additional information that may benefit the applicant’s candidacy. The Licensed Application is available online only. Salary is commensurate with experience and based on the Master Collective Bargaining Agreement. Health insurance and Section 125 benefits are available. Coaching opportunities are available but not required. Benefits include: Health Insurance, Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, Sick and Personal Leave.



USD 407 is accepting applications for the coaching vacancies for the 2024-2025 school year. The vacancies are at either Ruppenthal Middle School (Grades 7-8) or Russell High School (Grades 9-12). A high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment. 


A high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment with USD 407.  To apply, please complete the Classified Application. For a complete list of positions within the Classified department and their job descriptions, please see below.



USD 407 is accepting applications for substitute staff to fill in on an as needed basis for contracted positions. Substitute staff members fill vital roles in the district and are secured on a daily basis. Substitutes are needed for the following classified positions:

In order to be a Substitute Teacher, you will need a Substitute Teaching License through the Kansas State Department of Education. You will need to complete the appropriate License application here. For any questions or guidance, contact the Central Administration Office at 785-483-2173.

Salary Schedules

An Equal Employment/Educational Opportunity Agency

Russell County USD 407 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Superintendent of Schools | 802 N. Main | Russell, KS 67665 | 785-483-2173.