What is a transcript?

A transcript is a written record of a students' classes, grades and credits. It also includes a cumulative Grade Point Average(GPA) and Class rank.

Why do I need a transcript?

Transcripts are used by high schools, colleges and scholarship committees to verify students' academic accomplishments.

Do I need an official or unofficial transcript?

Most colleges require an official transcript for admission. An official school transcript is signed by a school official and has a school stamp verifying its authenticity. Official transcripts are sent directly to the college from the high school or may be delivered by the students in a sealed envelope. If the envelope is open, the transcript is no longer official. Students may request an unofficial transcript for their personal use.

How do I request a transcript?

Students may request a transcript by calling Russell High School at (785) 483-5631.

When requesting a transcript, please include the following information:
  1. Do you need an official or unofficial transcript?
  2. Provide a detailed mailing address for the organization you want to receive your records.
  3. Also include your date of birth, year of graduation and maiden name, if appropriate.

I am going to college soon and I need a transcript that shows the dual credit courses I took at RHS. What should I do?

Your Russell High School transcript only shows Russell High School credits. You must request a transcript from BCC to verify your BCC courses. Click here for a BCC transcript request form.