I have all scholarships listed in chronological order on google classroom. All seniors will receive an email when scholarships are added. There are a few scholarships available to 9-12 grade students.
To join the classroom, go to the following link and click on the + in the upper right corner. The class code is: fmhl5dy
Google Classroom Link: https://classroom.google.com/
Vanier Family Scholarship for Teacher Education
All materials must be submitted prior to October 22, 2018
Renewable 4-year scholarship provides $20,000 annually
High School seniors who declare a teacher education major at Kansas Wesleyan University are eligible to compete.
Student must have a 3.0 high school GPA and a 21 ACT score
Additional information can be found at:
Hortio Alger Scholarship
Application Deadline: October 25
Receive up to $25,000
Must have at least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend college
- be enrolled full time as a high school senior in the US with plans to enter college no later than the Fall semester following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perserverance in overcoming adversity
- Hold a minimum grade point average (GPA) or 2.0
- Be a United States citizen
Hansen Career & Technical Education
$4,000 Annually Renewable for 1 Additional Year
- One hundred scholarships of $4,000 each are available to encourage students who seek competence through career and technical education.
- The Career and Technical Education Scholarships carry a stipend of $4,000 and are renewable for one additional year, providing the recipient has achieved at least a 3.00 GPA at the college level. With one renewal, the scholarship will be $8,000 over the two-year period.
- Students may obtain application forms from high school principals or counselors. These forms must be completed and sent to the Foundation office by October 26, 2018.
- Three letters of reference are due in the Foundation office by October 26, 2018. It is the student’s responsibility to see that reference letters are mailed to the Hansen Foundation.
VFW Voice of Democracy Contest 2018-2019
Open to all students in grades 9-12 with a Grand Prize of $30,000
Due to Feil no later than noon on Monday, October 29!!
The 2018-2019 Theme is “Why My Vote Matters”
- Students should record their reading of the draft to an audio CD or flash drive. The recording can be no shorter than 3 minutes and no longer than 5 minutes (plus or minus 5 seconds).
- Mr. Martin will help you record your speech in the sound room of Bronco Radio.
- Entries begin at the Post level. Once the student creates their essay and completes burning the audio version to an audio CD/flash drive, they can submit their typed version, CD/Flash drive and the Voice of Democracy entry form to their local participating VFW Post by October 28, 2018. Please turn them into Feil in the Counseling Office by noon on October 29 at the very latest!
- Originality is worth 30 points: Treatment of the theme should show imagination and human interest.
- Content is worth 35 points: Clearly express your ideas in an organized manner. Fully develop your theme and use transitions to move smoothly from one idea to the other.
- Delivery is worth 35 points: Speak in a clear and credible manner.
Link to Voice of Democracy Rules
Link to Voice of Democracy Information
2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
Deadline: November 6, 2018
In each state and Washington, D.C., the top middle level and high school youth volunteer will be named State Honorees and will receive an award of $1,000, an engraved silver medallion, and an all-expense-paid trip with a parent or guardian to Washington, D.C., in May.
During the trip, 10 of the State Honorees will be named America’s top youth volunteers of the year. These National Honorees will receive $5,000 awards, engraved gold medallions, troplies for their schools or organizations, and $5,000 grants from The Prudential Foundation for nonprofit charitable organizations of their choice.
Runners-up will also be selected in each state and named Distinguished Finalists, receiving a bronze medallion. Other state-level winners will receive Certificates of Excellence. All state-level honorees will be announced in February.
Local Honorees who qualify will also receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award.
For more information: https://spirit.prudential.com/awards/how-to-apply
To apply: https://spirit.prudential.com/apply/2019
Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation will announce the 2019 500 national winners in late April 2019. (Many local Lodges, districts and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. These scholarships are not to be confused with the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.)
The 20 top finalists will participate in an all expenses paid Leadership Weekend in Chicago during which they’ll interview with the national judges. These 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000.
Questions? Email [email protected] or call (773)755-4732
Rudd Foundation Scholarship
The Rudd Scholarship is a competitive, 4-year award designed to pay any remaining costs associated with tuition and fees, books and supplies, and room and board after accounting for all other grants, scholarships and financial awards.
20 Scholarships Available
Applications accepted October 8 – December 14
If Selected, the scholarship can be renewed each year providing the student submits a renewal application and meets the following mandatory criteria:
Application will be available in October at the following website:
2018 Recipients: https://www.ruddfoundation.org/gallery/
Colby Community Scholarships
Open Enrollment – September 1
Priority 1 Deadline – December 15
Priority 2 Deadline – February 15
VFW Endowment Scholarship
Deadline: January 31, 2019 to Fred Weigel or Feil in the Counseling Office
*Kansas VFW Endowment scholarships will be awarded for 1 to 2 year scholarships at a minimum of $500 per semester. *Previous recipients of a VFW Kansas Endowment Scholarship are not eligible to reapply.
*Applicant must provide the eligible VFW Post Number: that is the VFW Post or VFW Auxiliary that the applicant’s eligibility is actively affiliated with in the State of Kansas, or was so at the time of his/her death. Active means either a life member or current dues paid, or were so at the time of death. Applicants are advised that affiliation with the VFW or its VFW Auxiliary is ONLY for the purpose of determining eligibility, and otherwise has no bearing on determination of awards.
Click here for application.
Elks Legacy Scholarship
Legacy Awards are $4,000 scholarships available to children and grandchildren of Elks members. Eligibility requirements are outlined below.
The Foundation will offer a total of 300 awards in the 2019 contest.
The 2019 contest opened on September 1, 2018.
The deadline for applications is February 1, 2019 at 11:59 a.m. Central Time.
Read below for eligibility information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
How do I Apply?
Eligible students should apply in the following manner:
Note: Because the contest begins in one Lodge year and the winners are announced in the next, a Legacy Award could go to the child or grandchild of a lapsed member. An applicant's Elk parent or grandparent must be a paid-up member in good standing at the time of application, but if the Elk chooses not to renew membership, that decision will not affect the outcome of the Legacy Awards contest.
FHSU Honors College
Admission Requirements for High School Senior Applicants
Scholarships Available: https://www.fhsu.edu/honors/Scholarships/
For more information, or to schedule a visit, contact:
Marketing, PUblicity, and Outreach Coordinator
VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest
What are the Scholarship Contest Deadlines?
* required deadlines
Each year, more than 3,500 high school students from across the country participate in the VFW Auxiliary’s Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest. The contest began in 1979 to recognize up-and-coming artists and encourage patriotism in youth. View the 2017-2018 state winners or all the previous first-place national winners.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
What is the Scholarship Amount?
What are the Scholarship Submission Requirements?