Russell High School
United States History
Instructor: Doug Renard
- Course Description: This course is designed to comply with the Kansas State Department of Education standards for Social Studies, specifically United States History from the end of the U.S. Civil War until the present.
- Classroom Policy: Students will be expected to follow all Russell High School, USD-407 policies and rules, including, but not limited to, common courtesy, integrity, common sense and above all respect for other persons. Please feel free to use the restroom at any time during class period, but do not disrupt the class while leaving or returning.
- Required Materials: Laptop, paper, pen and/or pencil and a good attitude.
- Grading Scale:
- 90-100% A
- 80-89% B
- 70-79% C
- 60-69% D
- 0-59% F
- Attendance Policy: This class will be a combination of Lecture, Reading from text, Quizes, Tests and Socratic classroom participation. Scheduled Excused Absences, the student will be required to complete the missed assignments in a time frame equal to the class periods missed. Emergency Excused Absences, the student will be required to complete the missed assignments in a time frame equal to the class periods missed. Unexcused Absences, the student will be required to complete the missed assignments by the end of the day of the scheduled class period after return to school.
- Graded Assignments: All assignments will be posted on my USD-407 web page.
i. Daily Writings: Graded on a weekly basis
- Periodic Quizes: Graded and posted the day of the quiz.
- Chapter Tests: Graded and posted by following class period.
- Mid-Term Test: Graded and posted by following class period.
v. Semester Final Test: Graded and posted prior to semester grading deadline.
- Extra Credit: Extra credit will be available as an independent study research paper.