- The Task Force and the Board of Education (BOE) will meet jointly to dive into the recommendations and determine a final scope of the project. Click here to review the presentation from the joint Work Session on 11/27/2017.
- Once a final scope of the project has been determined, the Board will have legal and bond counsel draft a ballot question.
- The scope of the project/ballot question must go to the State Board of Education (SBOE) for approval.
- Once approved by the SBOE, public meetings will begin to take place. INFORM, INFORM, INFORM!
- TEACHERS and STAFF will be very important in helping to deliver the message. Building tours will be provided to help inform the public.
- An election date will be determined once a scope of the project has been determined.
- The Community Task Force was assembled in mid July and have met every other week since that time.
- The Community Task Force presented their findings to the BOE on Monday, October 30th. Click here to review their presentation. Discussions included:
- Tour of Facilities
- Additional tasks completed by the Board of Education include:
- Selected architectural firm to guide the district in developing a plan for facility updates.
- Determined needs of the district and reviewed options to address those needs.
- Submitted Request for Proposal to Construction Management At-Risk (CMAR) firms.
- Shortlisted the CMAR applications.
- Reviewed Request for Qualification for CMAR firms.
- Interviewed and selected a CMAR firm.
- Met monthly with the architect, to discuss progress of Community Task Force.
- Received Mill Levy impact scenarios. Click here to review the document.
- Developed timelines of possible bond calendars.
Board of Education Meeting Dates
The Board of Education holds their regular monthly meeting on the second Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the Central Administration Office unless otherwise noted on the agenda. The Board of Education has designated the fourth Monday of each month for facility discussions. Meeting times and locations for facility discussions will be announced following the regular monthly meeting. Meeting notifications are posted on the district website and available on the KRSL website. All meetings are open to the public and patrons are encouraged to attend. Patrons without internet access, may contact the Central Administration Office to request a copy of the agenda.
Supporting documentation may also be viewed by selecting the Document Directory under Facility Information.