SwiftK12 allows USD 407 to send voice, email, social media and text alerts using real-time contact information from PowerSchool. Automated attendance notifications, low lunch balance alerts, unexpected school closures, schedule changes, upcoming events and many other messages may be sent to parents, students and staff members instantly and reliably. Alert Solutions’ school notification system provides an easy way to communicate with student families and staff members using communication channels they prefer: email, voice and SMS text messaging.
Text and phone messages will be pushed out using the hotline numbers listed below. Consider programming these phone numbers into electronic devices to recognize official communications from USD 407. E-mail messages will be sent from [email protected] Responding to messages from these phone numbers or email address will not produce human interaction.
School: DISTRICT OFFICE
School: SIMPSON ELEMENTARY
School: BICKERDYKE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
School: RUPPENTHAL MIDDLE SCHOOL
School: RUSSELL HIGH SCHOOL
To adjust alert preferences:
- Establish an account on the PowerSchool Parent Portal if you haven’t already done so.
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal using a computer.
- Click on the SwiftK12 icon which causes additional links to appear.
- Choose Alert Preferences.
- Uncheck any of the boxes where notifications are not desired. (PLEASE NOTE: You cannot opt out of emergency notifications.)
- Click SAVE CHANGES.
For assistance, contact your student’s attendance center or the Central Administration Office.