Russell High School
Freshman Physical Education
- Build a foundation in conditioning level, agility, speed, balance, power, and overall strength
- Improve on exercise form and technique
- Improve on sport specific movements and skills
- Become proficient in the participation of different sports and activities
- Develop teamwork skills
- Building an understanding of health related issues
- Students grades will be based on the following:
- Daily participation in class activities
- Completion of each day’s activity
- Proper use of equipment and facilities
- Application of safety guidelines and training methods
- Appropriate dress/dressing out
- Punctuality, conduct, sportsmanship, effort
- Class projects and assignments
- Be on time and prepared for class
- Respect our facilities, equipment, instructor, and other students
- Actively Participate
- Instructor leaving the room/guests entering room
- Equipment clean-up
- Equipment placement
- Must be FAST. You must be dressed out and lined up in the gym within 5 minutes of class starting. Tardiness will simply not be tolerated.
- Students will be expected to dress out every day in appropriate athletic wear
- Athletic shoes, shorts/athletic pants, appropriate shirts
- NO hats or jewelry
- Students that do not dress out will receive a 0% for the day
- Non-dressed students will be assigned clean-up work Students that have 5 or more non-dress days a semester will automatically fail
*These non-dress days can be made-up on Monday & Wednesday mornings at 6:30a.m.
- If you have an excused absence you will receive a zero for the day (unless it is a school activity).
- If you have an unexcused absence you will receive a zero for the day.
- If you have an absence or an injury that will keep you out of training for longer than three consecutive days, you will be given an alternative workout or a written assignment.
- The locker room is not a place for horseplay and must be kept clean.
- Neither the school nor I will be held responsible for lost/stolen property. Please secure your belongings in a locker.
- Each student will be issued a lock to use. At the end of the year/semester, you will be required to turn in your lock or pay the $6.50 lock replacement fee to receive your grade.
Drinks & Bathroom:
- You can’t leave the weight room or gym without the consent of the instructor.
Cell Phones/IPods (all electric devices)
- You will not be allowed to use any personal devices in class unless authorized by the instructor.
- Violations will result in your device being taken to the office in accordance with school policy.